August 30th, 2023
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to keeping your children safe. To comply with privacy legislation we have changed the way we communicate elementary students’ home classrooms for September. Class lists will no longer be posted on the outside windows or doors of your child’s school.
If you are a parent or caregiver using School-Day (https://www.school-day.com/), you will be able to view classroom information starting September 2. Please log in at your convenience throughout the weekend and follow the steps below for accessing this information.
If you do not use School-Day, teachers will have the class lists available on the morning of the first day of school out back to help determine the location of your child’s classroom.
Please note: Class lists are subject to changes up until the morning of the first day of school.
How to check your child’s class assignment
- Log into School-Day (http://www.school-day.com/) and click on the “All Students” drop-down box, to show your child’s name. If you have not signed up for School-Day instructions are available on our website. (https://schools.wrdsb.ca/school-year-information/action-required/using-school-day/)
- Once you have selected your child’s name, click “Schools and Groups” in the blue left-hand menu, then select “Your Classes” from the pop-out menu.
- You will now be able to see the homeroom classroom that your child has been placed in. Individual schools will be sending out further information about the teachers for each classroom.
If you have any questions about the management of student personal information at the WRDSB, please contact our Freedom of Information, Privacy and Records Information Management Officer, Waterloo Region District School Board. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How do I sign up for a School-Day account?
Please refer to the School-Day Guide on our website for information on how to sign-up for your child’s School-Day account. Using School-Day does not cost parents anything.
How do I find my child’s class if I am not signed up on School-Day?
Teachers will have the class lists available on the morning of the first day of school to help determine the location of your child’s classroom.
Why aren’t class lists posted on the outside windows or doors of your child’s school?
The Waterloo Region District School Board is committed to keeping your children safe. In order to comply with privacy legislation, we no longer post class lists on the outside windows or doors of your child’s school.
Can class list information change before the start of the school year?
Class lists may change up until the morning of Friday, September 9, 2023 due to ongoing registrations.
What steps have been taken to address performance concerns with School-Day under extreme web traffic conditions?
School-Day have confirmed that they have carried out a number of system maintenance updates last fall, including replacing servers, increasing hard disk space and upgrading their internal network and firewall in order to optimize system performance for all users system-wide.
If you require support while using the School-Day application, please contact them directly using one of the methods below.
Visit the School-Day Support website
- Submit a ticket from within the School-Day Application with the question mark button in the top right corner
- Send a detailed outline of your problem to email@example.com
- Call the Support Desk at 1.855.253.1731 for 24/7 bilingual assistance